I received my Bachelor and Master Degrees from Alabama State University.
My name is Lameatrices Perkins. Most know me by Mimi. I have taught at Daniel Pratt since it was built in 1997.
I have taught kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
I have an undergraduate and master's degree in early childhood education.
Mrs. Perkins' Class Dojo/Behavior Management Information
My goal for the students is to provide ongoing, direct reinforcement for behavior (positive and negative). I will teach the students the difference between good and bad choices and provide consistent reinforcement throughout the day.
You can log in to classdojo.com or download the Class Dojo app to view your child’s daily, weekly, or monthly behavior reports. While Class Dojo provides valuable insight into your child’s day, I encourage you to not overthink the information provided. If I have concerns about your child’s behavior, I will contact you and discuss it directly. You will be given your specific class code and directions on how to join by me!
More information to come!!!
Mrs. Perkins’ Second Grade Class
8:00 - 8:15 Homeroom/Breakfast/Char
8:25 – 10:30 Reading Block
10:30 – 10:53 Lunch
10:53 – 11:15 Language Arts
11:15 – 11:25 Math Calendar
11:25 – 12:05 Physical Education
12:05 – 1:30 Math Block
1:30 - 1:45 Snack
1:45 - 2:40 Science/Social Studies
2:40 - 3:05 Wrap-Up/Dismissal
Tuesdays- 1:45-2:15 Library
Supply List 2020-2021
Mrs. Perkins- 2nd Grade
Please label the following with student’s name:
- Sheet protectors(10)
- ½ inch 3 ring binder with clear pocket on front
- 2 boxes of #2 pencils(pre-sharpened)
- Pencil box
- Pencil pouch with clear front
- Pink rectangular eraser
- 2 boxes of 24ct. crayons
- 4 glue sticks
- Kid’s scissors(Fiskar if possible)
- Ear buds or small personal headphones
- Face mask
- Suggestion: Lanyard(pop-off) to clip to face mask and help students keep it off the floor. Small personal sized hand sanitizer.
- 1 container of Clorox wipes or 409 spray
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Boys: hand soap and colored copy paper
- Girls: hand sanitizer and colored card stock
- Ziplock bags- gallon, quart, sandwich
- Gift cards- Dollar Tree, Michael’s, Target, Walmart
- Clear contact paper
- Monetary donation for class projects