- — The Heroes Welcome Initiative works together with representatives located in communities across Alabama and is committed to providing military families with information and resources available.
- — Provides comprehensive care and quality service to Alabama’s veterans, and their families, with regard to health care, education, disability benefits, long-term care, and burial honors.
- Alabama is one of 50 states involved in the Interstate Compact for Educational Opportunities for Military Children, which is working to ensure that military children are properly enrolled in schools, have eligibility for school activities and have assistance in meeting graduation requirements
- The Alabama Military Stability Commission and – The Military Stability Commission, and Military Stability Foundation work in conjunction to proactively ensure the stability of Alabama-assigned DOD resources by study and evaluation of all currently assigned military forces or civilian contractors and the move of these resources within, to, and from the State of Alabama. The operational arm of the Military Stability Commission, the Military Stability Foundation is a private, non-profit foundation which was incorporated in September 2011. The Foundation works directly with the Commission, Alabama-assigned DOD installations, and the communities that surround and support them to develop and implement measures to retain and strengthen Alabama’s military assets and infrastructure and to assist in preparations for any impending Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) or similar process.
- – The Military Child Education Coalition’s work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation and transition. |
- – Army OneSource, Army Child, Youth and School (CYS) Services works with parents, students and schools to mitigate the challenges resulting from children switching school systems because of family relocation or deployment of a parent.
Katheryn Ganster and Robert Richert School Liaison Program Managers (PreK-12)
42nd Force Support Squadron
50 LeMay Plaza, Bldg. 804, Rm SE147
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112
Comm: Robert 334-953-6430
Comm: Katheryn 334-953-1259
Org Email: 42FSS.FYES.SchoolLiaison@us.af.mil
Facebook: Maxwell Gunter School Liaison