The purpose of a discipline plan is to establish and maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning for all students. It is my belief that students have a right to an education in an environment that makes them feel safe; is free from distractions and bullying. I make sure each student is aware of consequences for inappropriate behavior. If students choose to break rules or not follow procedures, I will address the student using the sequence of actions below. Some steps may be skipped depending on the severity of the offense.
Class Expectations...You need to be
Order of Consequences
- Nonverbal cues
- Verbal Warning (silent snack)
- Parent contact through ParentSquare, email, or phone call AND student will fill out the student reported discipline form
- Parent conference request
- Office Referral
What's happening in Reading Room 706 this week.....
This week in Reading..
Skills: Sequence & Predict/Set Purpose
Writing: NarrativeNovels: Students will be reading their own novels beginning in January. They will be in groups and will complete independent reading with group discussions. I will post the novels once the students have picked them after our Book Tasting on Dec. 7.
Items with * will be used daily and will need to be replenished throughout the year.
1 ream of copy paper
1 ream of colored copy paper
4 function calculator
1 large bottle of Germ-X
*Elmers glue sticks
This week in Language Arts..
Language Skill: Verbs, Objects, & Subject Complements
Spelling: 3.3 Just Enough Letters
1. nuclear 11. pastime
2. appreciate 12. fulfill
3. athletic 13. sherbet
4. Washington 14. escort
5. lantern 15. anxious
6. tragedy 16. familiar
7. icicles 17. apologize
8. helicopter 18. exquisite
9. plastic 19. souvenir
10. escape 20. algebra
Mrs. Thompson's Class Schedule
Transition to PE
Transition from PE
Transition to 2nd Block
Music on Wednesdays
GT on Tuesdays
E D U C A T I O N
- Prattville High School. Prattville, Alabama.
- BS Elementary Education. Auburn University Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama.
- Masters Elementary & Reading Education. Auburn University Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama
- Ed.S. Auburn University Montgomery. Montgomery, Alabama.
E X P E R I E N C E
- Edward T. Davis Elementary, Montgomery, Alabama. 1999-2002.
- Brewbaker Primary School, Montgomery, Alabama. 2002-2004.
- Daniel Pratt Elementary School, Prattville, Alabama. 2004-2010.
- Prattville Christian Academy, Prattville, Alabama. 2010-2015.
- Daniel Pratt Elementary School, Prattville, Alabama. 2015-current.
B I O G R A P H Y
This is my 25th year in the classroom and I have loved every minute of it! I have experience teaching 1st, 3rd, 5th & 6th grades, in private and public schools. I am from Prattville and graduated from PHS in 1986. I have a husband, 4 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, and 5 grandchildren. I enjoy reading, puzzles, CFA , Southern Bells Nutrition, and spending time with my family.
I believe in challenging students to reach their highest potential in a positive, nurturing environment. I am looking forward to a fantastic year working with you and your child!