Mrs. Harp and Ms. Skinner Virtual Learning for January 11-22, 2021
We will be 100% virtual starting Monday, January 11, 2021. Please read the following information carefully to ensure a successful transition to our virtual platform.
- Attendance taking is required. All students must be logged into Schoology between 8:00-9:00 each day to be counted present. We will post attendance by 9:00 each day in INOW.
- Schoology: Students must be logged by 9:00a.m. each day. We will be sending home textbooks, folders, journals, and workbooks. However, your child will use Schoology as their main instructional platform.
- All students must have completed an ACBOE Device Checkout Form in order to receive a Chromebook. Parents may come to the school between 8:00-3:00 Monday – Friday to pick up a Chromebook if their child did not take one home.
- Your child will receive live instruction through Google Meet AT A MINIMUM of twice a week. New material will be introduced on Mondays and Thursdays will be reviews/ test prep.
- The following are the required Google Meet times for first and second block Mondays and Thursday at 9:30 for 1st block instruction Mondays and Thursday at 11:30 for 2 nd block instruction
- *If a student is not present for the Google Meet instruction, it would be equivalent to missing class. We are hoping to keep instructional practices as normal as possible so that your child can learn the needed material. ** Google Meet will also give your child a chance to ask for help on certain skills.
- *** Google Meets should be attended in a quiet workspace, away from distractions. This is their instructional time. Please email us if you have any questions. Thank you so much for your continued support. We look forward to seeing our students again on campus soon!
Mrs. Harp and Ms. Skinner
Daniel Pratt Elementary School
4th Grade Supply List
1” Binder w/ clear view cover (NO LARGER than 2”)
(2 pk) Wide ruled Notebook Paper
(4) Composition Notebooks
Pencils (Replenish throughout the year)
Pencil Pouch w/ three holes (fits inside binder)
(1 pk) Plastic Dividers w/ pockets
Students will turn in the following items to their homeroom teacher:
(2) Hand Sanitizer
(3 pk) White lined index cards, size 3”x 5”
(3) Paper Towels
(2 pk) Kleenex
(2 pk) Cap Erasers
(1 pk) Glue Sticks
(3 pk) Lysol/ Clorox Wipes
(1 pk) Dry Erase Markers
(3 reams) White copy paper
(1) Pocket folder w/ prongs
(1) Liquid soap
Girls: Ziploc Bags (Sandwich size)
Boys: Ziploc Bags (Gallon size)
This Week - January 25-29
Reading: ""Eye of the Storm"
**Reading Test - Friday, January 29
Grammar: Verb Tenses - Past, Present, and Future
Spelling: Week 3.4 Compound Words
**Spelling Test - Friday, January 29
Website for Schoology
Unit 3 Spelling Words
Mrs. Harp & Ms. Skinner
Behavior Management Plan
1. Respect others & their property
2. Remain on task & complete assignments without distracting others.
3. Be prepared.
4. Tell the truth & do your best!
High School - Sidney Lanier High School, Montgomery, Alabama, 1987
Undergraduate - Auburn University at Montgomery, 1993, Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education
Graduate - Troy University at Montgomery, 1995, Masters Degree in Elementary Education
1993 - 1998 Floyd Elementary
1998 - 2001 Floyd Middle Magnet
2001 - 2003 Newnan Crossing Elementary
2003 - 2006 Floyd Middle Magnet
2006 - Present Daniel Pratt Elementary
My name is Laura Harp and I teach fourth grade at DPES. This will be my 27th year teaching. WOW!! This is my 14th year in Prattville. My husband, Zack, is a retired Montgomery fireman. Being married to Zack also means I am the stepmother to Andrew and Kyle, a mother-in-law to Mallory and Callie and a grandmother, "LuLu", to James, Caroline, Nash, Nellie, and Anna.
I LOVE being a teacher. I also enjoy meeting my students' parents. I think it is very important for teachers and parents to have a close relationship.
The easiest way to reach me is through email. That is the quickest and easiest way to communicate throughout the day. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions or concerns. My email is email@example.com